Cream Kunafeh | Knafeh Recipe | Kunafa with Cream | How to make Kunafa at home?
Kunafeh / Knafeh is a traditional Middle Eastern dessert made with a spun pastry typically called Kataifi. The pastry is layered on the bottom and top, while the creamy filling is sandwiched in between. The filling is typically made with a combination of milk, cream, sugar, and cornstarch, which is cooked until thickened and then flavored with ingredients like mastic, orange blossom water, or rose water. The assembled kunafa is then baked until golden brown and crispy, and it is often served warm or at room temperature.
Before serving, it is traditionally drizzled with a sweet and aromatic syrup made with sugar, water, and flavorings like rose water or orange blossom water. Cream Kunafa is known for its delicious combination of textures, with the crispy pastry contrasting with the creamy filling, and its sweet and fragrant flavors. It is a beloved dessert in many Middle Eastern countries and is often enjoyed on special occasions or during festive celebrations.Refer Wiki
- Kunafah Dough - 250g
- Butter / Ghee - 1/2 cup (melted)
- Thick Cream - 1 cup
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp
- Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp
- Shred kunafah dough and mix with butter.
- To a greased pan, layer half of the buttered kunafah dough and spread evenly pressing it with a spatula or back of a cup.
- Add the thick cream and spread evenly. Spread some mozzarella cheese.
- Add the remaining buttered kunafah dough and cover well.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 200°C for 30 - 40 mins or till kunafah turn golden in color.
- Meanwhile prepare sugar syrup and pour over hot kunafah. Serve warm or chilled.